Sandplay not only reduces clinical symptoms of GAD but also promotes brain health and function, particularly in subcortical systems.
A person to constructs their own microcosm using miniature toys and sand. The scene created acts as a reflection of the person's own life and allows them the opportunity to resolve conflicts, remove obstacles, and gain acceptance of themselves. Mixed with Theophostic (TPM), it is proven to be transformative.
Sarah Anna-Lise is a trained TPM Counselor
& M.A. Spiritual Formation with a focus on Story telling and Sand Play Therapy
Emotional pain is a part of the warning system God created to grab our attention and motivate us to come to Him for truth and comfort. In a sense, the pain is our friend; it first lets us know that something is wrong and then points us in the direction that we need to go order to find freedom.
“We feel whatever we believe.”
It’s just as surprising for some people to discover that no one or thing is causing them to feel what they are feeling. It seems natural to assume that I feel bad because of what has happened to me or because of the situation that I am in, but this is just not so. A foundation principle of TPM is that we feel whatever we believe. Our beliefs determine how we view and interpret life as it happens. And this interpretation of our situation determines what we feel in the midst of it. The good news is, if our belief changes, then our emotion will naturally change as well; even if our situation remains the same.
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
Unless you can make it to Stilbaai, A ZOOM link will be emailed to you.
- Sign and email back to firstname.lastname@example.org before session 1
OR simply click "I agree to the terms and conditions" above.
- Age preferably 8 and older.
- This therapy is strongly advised for adults in difficult decision situations.
- Payment day before arrival - pay only one session at a time.
- No reimbursements for cancelation.
- It is advised that children do at least 4 sessions to establish trust. Then we re-evaluate.
- SandPlay Therapy is not seen as professional counseling in South Africa.
- Sessions are usually 45-60 minutes.
- R450 per hour - FNB 6261 46 15 245 To: SA Breedt Savings Acc Ref SPT
- If possible, pay cash on arrival.
- No reimbursements if you miss a session.